Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day is for Crafting!

I'm not really a Valentine's Day person, but this year I decided to "go homemade" and I have had so much fun.

Love Day Project #1:
Red Party Garland
The plan was to have an actual party, but that sorta fell through. But, look how prepared I will be for next year! ;) It was fun to make, especially since I was with a bunch of friends at a sewing party. I just finished it tonight though, so this baby's staying up the whole rest of the month! Very fun and festive I think!

Love Day Project #2 (The biggie!)
Braelyn's Owl
THIS WAS SO FUN!!! As you can see, I pretty much just copied the ones I found on Etsy. I did add one little Love Day detail of my own however....I enjoyed every second of this project. Oddly enough, the hardest part was stuffing him. I still don't think I used quite enough. Anybody got any stuffing tips? I guess I should have inquired before I set out to make my first stuffed animal. Nonetheless, I love it, and I love that I will give Braelyn something that I made and I love. I am a bit concerned that she is not going to like it, due to the fact that it is not a pink owl, nor is it a princess owl. We'll see.

And Love Day Project #3 (Which is actually baking, but what would Valentine's Day be without baking?!)
Cupcakes...a perfect mother-daughter project!
(Mother frosted cupcakes after daughter went to bed.)There are 24 cupcakes, so I thought it would be fun for Braelyn and I to spend the afternoon delivering some to our friends around town. (Casey is speaking in Austin, so it's just the girls this year.)

And I wanted to show you my Martha reusable cupcake cups! I got them for Christmas from my friend, Cynthia and I LOVE THEM!!! The cupcakes just pop right out and they look so cute. Thanks, Cynthia!

Technically, it's Valentine's Day right now (it's almost 1am) so Happy Valentine's Day, but I'm gonna try to post a little something tomorrow..errr...today. Whatever!
G' Night.

7 comments:

Casey Cease said...

It's the things like this that make me feel wealthy.

I love you.

Happy Valentines Day!

- C

Coffman Family said...

Whoa Steph - that owl is so professional looking! I am very impressed!! You are so crafty -

I'm glad we get to see your hubby today!

Coffman Family said...

Oh and how did you get the frosting to be so perfect on those cupcakes? I'm glad you love those baking cups as much as I do!

Erin said...

Oh, what happened with the party?
Your crafts look great and I SO want one of those cupcakes!

Jason and Sarah said...

Your banner turned out great! Good job! Happy Valentine's Day!

Abba's Girl said...

Your banner is great. Are you going to make a Red, White, and Blue one for July 4th?

Julie said...

Same question as Cynthia---that icing job is amazing! What's your secret!?