Thursday, July 24, 2008

Toadally Disgusting

Around 8:00, Braelyn and I got home from a lovely evening at the Hyde's. Before we got going on Braelyn's bedtime routine, I needed to take a trip to the little girl's room, when....

:::GASP:::
FROG!


3 things cross my mind:
1. How does a frog get into one's potty, or more importantly, how does a frog get into MY potty?
2. What if I had sat down?!!!!! What if it jumped?!!!!! Oh my gosh, tee tee would have been everywhere!!!
3. Peter HAS to come get it out! (I would of course commission my husband for such a task as this, but he is at the moment speaking at the Brenham Youth Conference.)(Peter, for those of you who don't know, is living in our garage apartment for a few weeks. He currently holds the titles of Christ Church's favorite Montanan and Garage Apartment Tenant of the Year.)

So, of course, Peter did rescue me and my potty from the frog AND complied with the house rule, which is...Just because we HATE creatures in the house, does not mean we kill them. It's a very strict rule. Exceptions include spiders, wasps and roaches.

Thankfully, I can now tee tee frog free. Peter, you're the best!

Erica, how are you at catching (without killing) bugs and reptiles? Cause seriously, you'll be required to do this from time to time. It's in your contract....Seriously...I'm not kidding.

9 comments:

Caryn said...

I toadally agree...that is disgusting. I would have toadally freaked out!

Casey Cease said...

That is technically a toad...

Abba's Girl said...

That's funny! I earned the respect of many teens when removed a dead bat from the sanctuary early 1 Sunday morning. I leave roaches and spiders to my husband. Most frogs and snakes I can deal with.

Annette

Mommy, M.D. said...

casey, you are NOT in a position to be correcting your wife on this one!!! she can call it a fire-breathing dragon if she wants.

Jenny said...

My oh, my Steph. You will not believe this (well you probably will), but just 3 weeks ago my sister, who does not live near me but also lives in the country, found a frog/toad in her potty too!!!!!!!!!But she didn't have the pleasure of spotting it before her rush to tee tee and yes she sat down hurriedly, and while going heard a splish splash (as I am sure Mr. Froggy didn't like the situation either) and completely freaked out screaming when she peered down and saw two little eyes staring at her from her potty. She said it all happened so fast that yes she made a mess and had to use her other potty. But since her hubby was not home at the time she also took a picture to prove to us all that it did happen and to show us how large the froggy was. But she simply closed the lid so hubby could take care of it when he came home 3 hours later and by then, froggy had disappeared. eek! I now actually have caught myself looking before I go just in case. So bizarre.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! My worst fear has just been confirmed by your story. I've always subscribed to my personal "check the potty before you tee tee" rule because I've always had this (formerly thought to be irrational) fear that there would be a snake in the toilet. I never even thought about frogs. They jump! Eeeekkk. Obviously I will continue to subscribe to this rule. :-)

Coffman Family said...

AHHHHH! Ok, that is totally one of my greatest fears, to find something in the potty! I look every time before I sit down. I remember stories of people finding snakes in their potties when I was in college - freaked me out! (Hope that didn't just add to your fears!) Now, I'm always cautious. I cannot believe this happened to you! How did the frog get in there???

mandi said...

if erica can't pull through give me a call. i'm friends with all things creepy- except roaches, of course. those are just gross.

Erica Dirba said...

hahahaha as disgusting as that is, I'm delighted to tell you I can definitely hold my own in the bug department :] I'm a country girl. Although I've never actually been encouraged to do anything other than smush them. Reptiles I'm not so sure about... I guess we'll find out soon!