Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I tell ya...it is one of the great joys of motherhood to see your child delight in the Lord. While we were taking down all of our Christmas things today, Braelyn and I had a very lengthy conversation about Him. It was so sweet...I just had to record a few of my favorite bits.

Me: What do you think about God?

Braelyn: I love Him.

Me: What do you love about Him?

Braelyn: He is so powerful and nice and very pleasant and He thinks of good ideas. I like how Jesus died on the cross for our sins so He could forgive us.

He thinks of good ideas! I LOVE that!

Then, in a later conversation about the bigness of Jesus:

Braelyn: Jesus is bigger than this city. A thousand afenniny (infinity) fifty hundred eighty-two...Jesus weights that. He is HUGE!

Um...Precious! :)

What a blessing it was to talk with her about the Lord today...to see her seek truth and understanding...to see her thinking through hard things...to see her smile at the kindness of our King...to see her so intrigued by Him.

She reminded me today that God is fantastically intriguing.

I am encouraged. And I will joyfully go to bed with new things to treasure in my heart.
G' Night.

No comments: