Saturday, July 14, 2012

Homeschool Room Makeover Reveal

Well...this weekend's homeschool room makeover just about did me in. I am completely and utterly worn out! My pelvis...which isn't quite right when I'm not pregnant, aches significantly worse now that I am pregnant...and after working hard for two days straight...well, I feel like an 80 year old woman and I'm moving around like one too, which is...well, hot is what it is. Anyways, despite the fact that I am now walking with a cane, the good news is that we completed our makeover and I am quite pleased with the result. I am so excited to be doing school in here this year!

Here's the view as you walk in.
(And can I just tell you real quick?...how I would adore a sweet little pink chandelier instead of the fan, but I was given a very exaggerated eye-roll and told that it was impractical. So there's a fan. :/ )

The reading corner again and the left wall.

Here's a view a little to the right as you walk in.
Our little square folding table is not ideal. I'm hoping to do some garage sale shopping and upgrade to a slightly larger rectangular one, but for now it works.

Now...as for my curtain.  This is the fabric that will be on the window some day, but as you can see in the photos above...it hasn't made it up yet.
Sad story. As Casey was finishing up the paint this morning, I went straight to work on my curtain.  I got it all cut and pinned, ready to be run through the sewing machine, but I as I went to set up my machine I could not find my foot pedal.  What in the world?! I ALWAYS put it in my red sewing basket, but it was not there. For the life of me I have no idea where it is.  Needless to say, I was so frustrated and had half a mind to light myself and my curtain on fire, but I thought better of it (as I might be accused of overreacting) and resolved to put my little project on hold.  So, up went one of Braelyn's old curtains (that quite honestly, I had forgotten about, otherwise I probably would not have considered making my own in the first place - fail).  Thankfully, I think the pink polk-a-dot drape will work beautifully for the meantime and my mad hunt for the foot pedal will continue after we get back from Florida.  So you see...such a sad story. What's a girl to do but to make due and chalk it up as a lesson in looking through all your crap before you go making something you already have?!

Oh dear. I can see that the day is taking its toll and it's time for me go to bed.
G'Night, all! ;)

3 comments:

Mommy, M.D. said...

it looks amazing! you killed it.

Erica Dirba said...

Haha! The first word that came to mind after reading your curtain tale? Sheila. :0 Haha! But I've been having quite a few of those moments myself lately and don't have the excuse of being pregnant....

candice said...

LOVE that room. oh my gosh. i want to live in it, and i don't even like pink!!!