Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coming Out of Retirement

I did it!
I can't believe I actually did it!
After months of waiting,
And wondering if I would ever actually do it...
I actually did it!

I grabbed my bag and healthy dose of courage,
I prepared myself for a serious blow to my pride,
I drove myself into Houston and took a modern dance class.

:::::SIGH::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I feel like I've been holding my breathe for 6 years and I finally exhaled!

It was like hearing music after a long silence. The kind of music that stirs your soul.
It was like embracing a friend I haven't seen in many years.

It was wonderful!
It was a simple class...intro to modern at this studio... but it was just what I needed. Not too much that I would have been in tears, but just enough to remind my body that it loves moving. It remembered in an instant.

Thus far, I've taken all of this really slowly, and I will continue to proceed with caution, although I fear that that will become more and more difficult, but...I am at the same time encouraged and motivated by some possible opportunities that seem to be drifting my way.

We'll see. One step at a time.

For now, I will simply enjoy today. And I will thank God for it.

5 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Good for you, glad you came out of retirement.

Jenny said...

Wow you are so excited that it is contagious and I feel encouraged to move my bootie. How old were you when you started dancing (b lessons I mean)? Keep it up and keep us updated.

Gabriele said...

Congrats girl, that is sooo exciting. Dance is my passion as well and I miss it terribly. Maybe if I start slow, I could come out of retirement too...maybe...haha :) Anyway, I'm really proud of you, keep it up. We miss you guys a lot. Hope all is going well!

mandi said...

oh steph! way to go! i'm proud to be your friend : )

Erica Dirba said...

I'm so excited for you and happy your class went so well! I want to come with you sometime :]