Monday, March 9, 2009

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

I thought I would offer some excuses as to why I have been such a negligent blogger as of late.

1. My dog ate my computer.

2. We have some VERY demanding friends. There names are Jack, Bill, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Simon, Paula, Michael, Jim, Pam, Liz and Jack. Man, we know a lot of Jacks! Anyways, they are so annoying...they just show up in our house every week sucking us into their drama. It's really becoming a problem.

3. Who can stay inside and blog with weather like this?

4. There are people over at our house virtually every night of the week. (Apparently we are the only people in Brenham with cable and a good TV. See item number 2.)

5. I couldn't decide on a new blog background until today.

6. Crafting, crafting, crafting. I'm sticking to my Christmas goal, girls! Woo Hoo!

7. Reading, reading, reading. I am still on the same book that I've been since...oh I don't know...October! So yes, trying to finish that. Plus, I'm going through a couple of other churchy books.

9. I've been trying to spare you from pointless blog posts. Today, I've made an exception. Obviously.

10. My dog died. He did eat a computer after all. We're just heartsick over it.*

So there. That's the truth...okay well, most of it.
I will try to get back to my regular blogging self. I do have things to share. I guess I'm just gonna have to neglect my friends and family a little more!

JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING!

*If you are concerned about the truthfulness of this excuse, allow me to refer you to the comment section.

6 comments:

Bri Westbury said...

Well, I am for one glad you are back!

Is your post excuse true, is tucker no longer with us??!

Steph said...

nope...that is false. i lied. flat out made that up.

he is still with us. oh joy!

Steph said...

and he didn't eat the computer either. another lie.

ha :)

and to all you folks out there who call your pets your kids and now think i am a terrible person for joking about my dog being dead... number one you may not have met my dog, otherwise you would understand, or if you have met my dog and still do not understand...well we'll just have to agree that I am a terrible person on this issue.

i do not actually WISH him dead, btw... just wish he was a little easier to live with. perhaps this topic deserves an entire post. hmmm? something to think about.

Bri Westbury said...

Well, I am glad to hear that tucker is still tucker!

You should do a blog on a "day in the life of tucker: the dog of wonder".

Jenny said...

I love your blog background...it seems so, you. funny, seeing as I don't "know" you in the traditional sense, just the bloggy way. Well i know I have been utterly pathetic at blogging since I have been having medical problems with my hands. Commenting on my favorite blogs, has sometimes been my only outlet, and that has virtually come to a stop. Hey, steph I have a few mom at home questions for you. Do you mind? Let me know. Enjoy your Lost and Office and Idol friends. I am one of the last Americans I know to catch the idol bug. This is my last year to watch and I am cheering on, Danny G., Anoop, and the 16 year old with the fuscia hair. Who do you like?

Unknown said...

you crack me up :)