Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Woman

Can I just tell you that I am heading into the week feeling like a new woman?! I feel refreshed. I feel connected to my husband. I got some quality girl time. And I got a bit of a makeover. This weekend was AMAZING!!!

Friday afternoon, we drove to Sugar Land for the weekend. Casey and I had a date planned, but none of the specifics had been nailed down. We played the "What do you want to do? I don't know." game for a while, but then, in a stroke of genius Casey thought of The Melting Pot. This is one of those places that we always say we want to try, but when we're trying to think of somewhere new to go, it completely escapes our memory. Well not this time! It was so fun and soooo delicious! The meal took about two hours, so it was a great time to relax and talk. After dinner, we saw Juno. I LOVED this movie! It was such a perfect date!

Saturday was girl's day. I got to spend the whole afternoon with one of my best friends, Erin. No boys, no babies. First, we grabbed some lunch at Andre's Pastry Shop and Cafe'. So charming and the food was/is fabulous! Then we raced (we were running a little late) to see Vielka, pretty much the only person on earth I trusted to repair the butchered mess that's been on my head for the past three months. (For a visual of the butchered mess, go here.) I was so thankful that Erin was with me. I was such a basket case, and she really helped me communicate what I wanted and didn't want. Vielka, who agreed that I had the worst haircut ever, gave me two options, and after a relaxing shampoo and a little discussion among the three of us, we chose option #2 - Cut it off! Leave no trace of the ugly! With each snip I felt confidence return, and when it was all over I literally wanted to kiss Vielka. I didn't, but I did nominate her Woman of the Year. Anyways, here I am!


Before we headed home, Erin and I ran into High Fashion Home to pick up some trim for the pillows that I am going to work on at next weekend's Sewing Circle. (More to come on the Sewing Circle, I'm sure.) By this time it was getting late, so I took Erin home and we returned to our respective boys and babies. It was such a fun day! I refuse to let much time pass before doing that again.

Casey and I enjoyed another intimate dinner at Mi Luna's and then had dessert with our dear friends, the Dodson's. It's always a joy and blessing to see this sweet family. Joey is part of Transform and we are so proud of him as he has just received his Ph.D in New Testament.

So that 'bout raps it up. I haven't had a weekend like that in quite a while. I am very grateful for it and feel quite ready to face the week.

Thanks Casey, for two wonderful dates. Thanks to Erin for a fantastic girl's day out and for supporting me through the most stressful haircut of my life. And thanks to Nonnie for watching my baby girl through it all. I know she had so much fun!

17 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Happy you had a great weekend and received a great haircut.

xxoo AFH

Jenn said...

steph you look (always do) beautiful! i love it!

Erin said...

Yup, much better - especially with that smile back where it belongs. Yea to you for getting a picture up so fast...unlike others I know! Glad you and Casey got such great time together. It does sound like the perfect weekend! I loved it, too!

Anonymous said...

It was such a wonderful weekend for me, too! The pleasure was all mine.

~C~

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

You look fabulous! I love your new haircut. It suits you perfectly. She did good!

Our quest for local greatness in the hair world still continues, doesn't it?

In the meantime, this is awesome~! I wouldn't change a thing.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I think it is cute your hubby comments on your blog. Mine comments on mine as well and I think it is so sweet!

Mucho props Casey!

casey said...

steph, it looks so good! glad to see your hair cut put that smile back on your face! (i agree with erin) and horray for dates with your husband! that is so important...

Sadie Dodson said...

Your hair is great! We really enjoyed catching up with you guys this weekend. We need to do it more often.

Casey Cease said...

Looks great. Hope for many more enjoyable weekends!

Love you!

C-

Anonymous said...

steph, you look beautiful. love the cut.

Coffman Family said...

Great haircut! I think that is the perfect cut for you - so flattering with your face shape!! Planning to keep it up?

Ashley M said...

Steph-
LOVE the cut on you! Glad that this is ordeal is now behind you. :)

Abbie said...

OH MY GOODNESS Steph!! How freaking gorgeous is your hair?? Love it!
SO glad you had such a wonderful weekend-you deserve it! :)

Alyssa Lynn said...

Your hair is so lovely!!!

Melissa said...

Finding a new hair stylist (or artist, rather) is probably one of the biggest problems that comes with moving. I'm glad you know someone that was able to come to the rescue- cute cut!

Caryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caryn said...

Hi Steph!
I LOVE your haircut! I haven't seen or talked to you in years! I found your blog through Christina C's blog. It was nice reading up on what's going on in the Cease Family! I'll keep in touch!