Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June 21, 2008: Part 2

The Reunion...

Here I am, with my full and complete ensemble ;). I loved my dress (thanks to White House/Black Market), but I was so nervous that I was going to be over dressed. At first, it looked like my fears were coming true, but sure enough lots of girls came all decked out. And girls, let me just tell you...I searched far and wide for a dress that was not black, brown or navy. I really wanted something with a lot of color and a big print, but nothing fit quite right or it was pink (not my best color) or it looked hideous. So...little black dress it was. That's okay though...I had a lot of fun wearing it.
Look at these ol' high school sweethearts! I was a sophmore when we got together...that's 12 years!
Casey decided against the other outfit. Banana Republic did redeem themselves however. We gave them another shot, and I have to say...they did'm right! He looked so handsome!
This is us with our dear friend JR and his lovely wife Cory. I've known JR since elementary school. He is essentially the one who brought Casey and I together. We love them and it was great to spend time with them.
Other friends who I've known since elementary school (maybe before)...Keri and Edlow. I was so glad that they were there! Much of the reunion experience was a little awkward and uncomfortable, so several times throughout the night I would go find them and relax a little bit. I don't see them very often, but whenever I do it's like no time has passed at all.
Sadly, many of my close friends from HS live far away and were not able to come, but one friend I was dying to see was my big-brother-kinda-friend, Rondrick. We were on PALs together for two years. I don't think I've ever seen him without that big ol' grin on his face! :)

All in all, I had a good time. It was really great to see everybody. I think I asked, "So, what are you doing now?" a thousand times. I was so tired of hearing myself ask that...but what else do you say?! It is quite interesting to find out what people have been doing for the last 10 years, especially to hear how the "class clowns" are now doctors and lawyers....well, some of them ;). The best part was that Casey was there with me. I loved that we went to the same school and knew many of the same people. I didn't feel so alone in the experience.

So there's that. Will I go to the 20 year reunion?....Hmmm?...I got 10 years to decide!

5 comments:

Coffman Family said...

You look absolutely stunning!! That dress is gorgeous - I would have never even thought to try on a one shoulder dress. You wore it well girl!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Girl, just reading this makes me get all hot and sweaty thinking about my 10 year reunion. You handled yours with grace and looked amazing while doing so! I love the dress. I never knew what people wear to these things, but now I know!

Abba's Girl said...

Our 20th reunion was way better than 10, so if the Lord has not returned, I say go. You have 10 years to pick out the perfect ensemble.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some familiar faces. JR, Edlow and Rondrick. Glad you guys had fun at the reunion and that Casey settled on a nice outfit (although those pictures don't necessarily show if he's wearing long pants or the BR look...I'm going to hope for the latter)

Courtney said...

I could never pull off that dress. You looked amazing! I love your hair too. I think it's so special that you and Casey went to the same high school. I'm sure that your relationship is a natural testimony to those that knew you way back when. Congratulations on successfully navigating the reunion scene!