Saturday, April 12, 2008

Braelyn and Mommy's Big Day: Part 1

A lot of fun stuff going on today! 1. The Bluebonnet Festival in Chappell Hill and 2. we are going to our first Brenhamite birthday party...meaning that these are people we've met in Brenham. We are, at this moment in between events, and Braelyn is supposed to be napping, but she's not because she fell asleep in the car on the way home from the Bluebonnet Festival. Nonetheless, she is in her bed talking to herself and I am taking a second to post some pictures of us from the festival. I have to warn you...the pictures are pretty bad...sadly, Daddy is out of town, and I was having some difficulty keeping Braelyn close to me, holding all of our stuff and taking pictures at the same time. But for memory's sake...I'm still gonna post them.

A picture of most of Braelyn and most of a baby goat.
The Hyde's were there too, and Justin thought it would be funny to take a picture of me holding a chicken...yeah...that's hilarious!
Here is Braelyn in between corndog bites.
She thought it was pretty yummy...It was here first one.
And here we are on the kiddie train. Not that you can see the train, (a go-go-gadget arm would have been helpful in this instance) but I promise, that's where we are. Braelyn wasn't too sure about it at first, but as soon as she discovered that she could wave to the crowd and they would wave back, she decided that train riding was just the thing for her. With the right amount of attention we can overcome any fear!
Well, I'm gonna go interrupt Braelyn's personal cheer rally...she cheering and clapping for herself in her bed (I know this because I am listening on the monitor)...and we're off to our swim party. More pics to come. Hopefully they turn out better than these.

We missed you daddy! It would have been much more fun with you!!!

5 comments:

Casey Cease said...

My Beautiful Girls.... :-( So sad I had to miss. Glad I am coming home tonight.

Love you both!

xoxoxoxo

- C

Abba's Girl said...

This pics are so cute! Sorry Casey missed the day with you, but glad you have the pictures.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

Annette

Bri Westbury said...

I am not sure if I would have been brave enough to hold a chicken...kudos!

Julie said...

Oh yeah, the chicken picture is hilarious!

Mommy, M.D. said...

that chicken picture turned out better than i thought. we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you ; )

you're brave to go to the festival without daddy. i tend to hide under the bed when justin is gone.