Saturday, April 12, 2008

Braelyn and Mommy's Big Day: Part 2

Well, I'm glad to say that the "big" part of our day is done. We are two tired girls!

Part 2 of our day, the Brenhamite birthday party, was another great event. My friend Cheryl, that I've gotten to know from the library story time, had a water party for her 4 year old son. They filled up the kiddie pool, pulled out the crazy sprinkler and topped it off with some water balloons. Braelyn, pretty much had nothing to do with any of the water activities, but she still looked super cute in her bathing suit and sun hat.

I did get some better pictures, although I felt like a weirdo taking pictures of my own kid at another kid's birthday party. Oh well, if they had a blog, they'd do it too. :)

I'm pretty sure Braelyn is thinking, "Mom, you should know that kiddie pools are not safe for children, and please stop taking my picture at another kid's birthday party, you look like a weirdo!"
Braelyn made a friend. I think this picture is so sweet and I love how Braelyn's hat is (singing while typing) "strategically dipped below one eye."
Braelyn eating a raw zucchini slice. The girl won't eat a cooked vegetable to save her life...who knew?Braelyn decided that it should have been a swing party, not a swim party.

It's 7:15. Braelyn's in bed, although she is talking to herself, once again...(shouting while typing) WHY WON'T SHE SLEEP?!...and this tired, sunburned momma is gonna get her jammies on, get in bed and read her book. It's been a long day!

5 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Braelyn talking to herself and not sleeping, I'm thinking about all the times I asked you to be quiet...is this a case of reaping what you sowed? ha ha ha

Steph said...

I'm sorry Mrs. Annette, you must be thinking of another student, because I am quite certain, no teacher ever had to ask me to be quiet.

;)

crystal said...

great photos of your sweet girl! i missed the bluebonnet festival this year! so sad! i did make it to the scarecrow festival in the fall and look forward to going again this fall. maybe we can tag team and go together?!

Abbie said...

What fun! Don't these extra special days seem to make the memories of tantrums disappear if even just for the moment?? :) Maybe not :) haha

So glad you had such a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, thanks so much for the comment. We met the Hyde's last night and had a good time. We would love to meet you and your family sometime soon as well.
Your little one is adorable, and it looks like you guys had a great day at the festival.
Talk to you soon!
Gabriele