Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just Shy of Interesting

I've been tagged to share 6 random things about myself. I have had a couple days to think about 6 random things about myself, and I'm having some trouble. Cause really, we're hoping for both random and interesting..but interesting is proving to be a challenge. Oh well, here we go....

The tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

1. When I was a junior or senior in high school, I had surgery on my knee. My knee cap came out a couple of times, usually when I was dancing. Lucky for me, it would always snap right back into place, but man...I've never known pain like that! Thankfully, the surgery did it's job. My knee has stayed where it belongs, but it's never been quite the same.

Hmmm...already stumped for more random facts. This is not a good start.

...I guess I'll dive into the Pool of Inappropriate :)

2. In 2005 Casey and I were ready to start trying for a family. To start the process off right, we took a trip to London. To this day we call it our 2005 European Procreation Tour. I was hoping to get a 2008 European Procreation Tour to Italy, but no such luck. :(

3. Ok...confession time. We've all had a little moment of thievery in our lives, right? Well, in the 7th grade I stole a tube of lipstick. I know...shameful. It was peer pressure! So much peer pressure! Anyways, the good side of this story is that I stole a really great color, which I continued to use and purchase for quite a while after this criminal episode. I quickly decided against a life of crime...just didn't have the stomach for it. I do occasionally steal a cookie from the grocery store for Braelyn...unintentionally, of course. It's so hard to remember to tell the check-out person!!!! I always pay for 2 the next time I'm there, though.

4. After watching the movie Seabiscuit, I wanted to be a jockey and if someone offered me the job today, I'd take it! It appears to me that the most important criteria for such a profession is that you are a small person. Perfect! I'm a small person. Some people, simpletons really, might consider it a problem that I have virtually no equestrian experience, but to them I say...Hmph! That is a minor setback that can quickly be remedied by a few gallops around the track. If anyone would like to sponsor me in fulfilling this life-long dream (well, I've definitely had this dream for like 3 years), I accept!

5. I agonize over gift-giving! I am in the middle of such a dilemma at this very moment. After lunch today I went to a couple of little shops to look for a gift. I found a thing or two at each shop that might work, but I could not commit. Instead, I brought Braelyn home for a nap and as soon as I am done with this blog I will go back to those little shops and make a choice, not without checking a few more places first, though! The mantra of a noncommittal gift-giver: There could be something better!

6. One day, I would like to open my own children's book shop. Think Shop Around the Corner (from You've Got Mail for anyone who doesn't get the reference.). I think it would be fun. Now that I think about it, I think I already shared this. Oh well. I have literally exhausted all my brain power to come up with these 6 facts. The probability that I will be able to choose a gift today (see fact #5) has gone from highly unlikely to undoubtedly impossible. I'll need to rest up before I can make a decision like that.

Alright, that's all I got.

I now tag:
1. Courtney
2. Andi
3. Nicole
4. Casey C....maybe there's something I don't know about you , honey!
5. Andy M....I bet you have some great random things to share!!! :)
6. Gabriele...I need to hear from both Moore's!

7 comments:

crystal said...

aw! i love hearing fun facts about people! i too have had knee surgery (twice) and mine is just not like it used to be....

Abba's Girl said...

I remember the knee thing, it really concerned me at the time.

Gabriele said...

oh no...i am going to have to think really hard!! Give me a few days and hopefully I will come up with something creative, maybe.

fun stuff steph!!

Casey Cease said...

I'm in love with a Lipstick Bandit!

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing. I am also a non random person, at least I think. Anyway, in 2005 (over Thanksgiving to be exact) our family went to London also! When were you there? Our tour was a little different, but about a month later we had a little bun in the oven. Hee hee.

mandi said...

we had a similar european tour...to ireland. and came home with dylin! we should really make t-shirts!
and your bookstore dream, me too sister, me too...

Andy said...

good god, what is in the water in europe? i'd guess it's all the nude beaches.