Sunday, August 31, 2008

You Can Judge This Book By Its Cover

I said I would finish it this month...and I did! I even had a few minutes to spare.

Phew!

You know, I'm glad I pushed through it, and I guess the book did cause me to think, and feel, which perhaps is enough for me to consider it a good book, but man!...DE...PRESS...ING!!!! Can you not like a book while you're reading it, but appreciate it afterwards? I suppose that's how I feel about this book.

If you are interested in reading a book about the most ridiculous, selfish, arrogant, hopeless characters that have not a single redeeming quality, then The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald is just the book for you. I will say, Ol' Fitz was spot on with the title!

Tomorrow, I will begin a new novel. Something a little lighter. Something that is sure to have me smiling on the last page...Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey.

4 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Steph, I love the art project. Kudos to you for finishing your novel. Hopefully your Spurgeon book arrived while I was gone and is at my mother's house. I will go over there in a little while to pick up mail. If it's not there I will mail The Shack to you today. Our post office has an automatic postal machine to use on holidays and when the line has 42 people in it.

Love ya!

mandi said...

yay! you did it! i knew you could : )

Coffman Family said...

OH yeah! Finally! :) Enjoy!

Sarah Patrick said...

Hey Steph! I just wanted to say hey! I haven't talked to you you and casey in so long! I read some of your blog and it was fun to catch up on some of your life. we are now living in Oklahoma and had a baby this summer. Life is great,and I love being a mom. Hope to hear from you soon!

~Sarah Patrick~